Friday, December 25, 2009

Being A Kid....

A vegetarian leaks. Everytime I looked at my daughter, am always amazed how time goes by, time fly so fast that things happen, things change... unnoticed. I forgot how it feels like to be a kid. I am mother of an 8 year old girl, her name is Donaizza. I asked her earlier to write something for me about being a kid... and here's what she wrote: " Being a kid is actually fun. Most of the kids want to be grown-ups. They want to eat ice cream sometimes , grown-ups want it more than ever. But when you are a kid, you don't need to work like grown-ups, you don't need to pay bills, taxes and your food and other things. If you're a kid and you want to be a grown-up, I don't disagree but I think being a kid is a good thing!". I think it's cute and true. I remembered, when I was a kid, I hate chores! All I want to do is play..play..play!!! Sometimes, we might be too hard on our kids, but we have to remember that once, we were a kid too. It is tough to raise a child but they are our joy and pride...indeed! Our treasure they are, and they need to be loved and cared for. As a parent, I've learned that sometimes, we need to act like a kid to fully understand our children. Thanks to my daughter Donaizza for this wonderful thought... I love you Nanak!

1 comment:

  1. I talked to her this morning and she told me she wanted to become a writer. I told her she could create her own account in blogspot and start blogging as her journal. Shes a smart kid and am proud to her too.

    ReplyDelete